We want to thank EVERYONE for helping us make our inaugural annual event such a success!
What happens when two friends, passionate about community and business partnerships, come together? An amazing new fundraising event designed to showcase our stellar local restaurants and entice locals and visitors alike to engage with them in a fun way – all the while supporting a worthy non-profit organization; one that, in one way or another, touches us all…introducing Spirits of Halloween!
Our creator, Karen, wanted a cool inaugural fundraising event with a Halloween theme (her favorite holiday) for the Bethany Beach area and approached Lisa, president of Cocktails Curing Cancer, about it. The two put their heads together, along with board members Regina and Chris, and have created what they hope to be a singular and memorable fundraising event for all in honor of Nancy Hoeflich, a board member of Cocktails Curing Cancer who recently passed away. The funds raised during this almost two-week-long event will benefit the Beebe Healthcare Cancer Center, who happens to be breaking ground on their new facility in Millville on November 1st.
So, what is Spirits of Halloween? Here’s the breakdown:
From October 19th through October 31st, visit our participating restaurant partners to taste an exclusive-for-this-event Halloween cocktail! The bartenders will go on to compete for the Devil's Cup at our Costume Ball at Bethany Blues of Bethany on November 1st (costumes are optional). What's even better? A portion of your bill will be donated to Cocktails Curing Cancer (just like a Dine & Donate). So, you get to taste devilish concoctions, celebrate the season AND do a great thing - grab your friends (Girls' Night anyone?), gather the family and plan some date nights at our partner restaurants!
We will have a Grand Prize drawing* at the Costume Ball for folks that visit all 4 restaurants and try their signature Spirits of Halloween cocktails.
RULES TO ENTER:
- CHECK IN at the participating restaurant on Facebook
- INCLUDE A PICTURE of you and/or the cocktail in the post
- TAG @ILoveBethanyBeach and @CocktailsCuringCancer-Bethany
*BONUS ENTRIES for including hashtags #CocktailTrailBethany and #SpiritsofHalloweenBethany (one for each).
Once you've visited all four restaurants and posted the above on Facebook:
MESSAGE (through Facebook) OR EMAIL I Love Bethany Beach with your 4 pics, name and email address.
*****Deadline for entries is 11pm, October 31st.*****
Here are our participating restaurant partners for the Cocktail Trail:
*Grand Prize Drawing includes gift certificates to:
As our Spirits of Halloween Cocktail Trail draws to a close Wednesday (have you submitted your entry yet for the Grand Prize?), get ready for some awesome fun, food and, of course, cocktails on Thursday - all for a worthy cause! Here’s what’s happening:
• 6pm – 8pm Dine & Donate for Cocktails Curing Cancer, of which we are raising funds for Beebe Healthcare Cancer Center and we’ll be having a silent auction for a trip to Africa. Meet the competing bartenders (and their cocktails) while contemplating your silent bid for the trip to Africa!
• 8pm - The Cocktail Competition will commence with our celebrity judges, with the winner receiving the Devil's Cup; immediately following is the drawing for the Grand Prize* and announcement of the winning bidder of the trip to Africa.